THE THEME OF THIS YEAR GCFC-2 IS: "FARMER 2.0"
The GCFC-2 will take place on the 04-05 December 2019 at Grand-Hotel. Abidjan, Côte d’ivoire, and its aim to bring new perspectives, and give a glim about Cocoa Farming of the Future.
Event will also introduce new developments on how to secure: next generation cocoa entrepreneurs, inclusive ideas to mitigate climate change impact, farmers contribution to stop deforestation, make farms free from child labour and other unacceptable practices, and to ensure a sustainable cocoa sector.
You can learn about the latest trends and tools in cocoa farming. You can learn directly from farmers and other experts in the sector, next to that it will be a great opportunity for you to expend your network. GCFC2, also offer you the opportunity to visit a cocoa plantation.
You never know when a conference can change the way you think and operate. Therefore, GCFC2 opens the door to new thinking and how you can operate in the future, paving the way for new direction and focus for your business and supply chain.
- TOPICS TO BE DISCUSS ARE:
- Cocoa farmers living income
- Land tenue issue in cocoa farming
- Role and responsibility of stakeholders
- Climate change and deforestation
- Cocoa sustainability and traceability
- Next generation cocoa entrepreneurs
- Women and child labour in cocoa farming
- Fine-flavour cocoa farming in Africa
- Transparency and accountability
- Role of certification in future cocoa farming